Music and Mindfulness at the Academy
On Saturday 30th April we are looking forward to hosting our first Musical Mindfulness day, for the benefit of our students. The whole day is free of charge for our young musicians and will be focused on confidence building and positivity with a musical theme.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in a plethora of workshops. They will have the chance to explore:
- Feldenkrais – awareness through movement with Helen Lincoln
- Alexander Technique – spotting and releasing unnecessary tension with Lucy le Marquand
- Performance Confidence – with Meurig Thomas (ABRSM examiner amongst other things!)
- Breathwork with Georgi Mottram
- A session with osteopath Daniel Thomas
- A workshop with Tina Hess from Mind Jersey.
Emily Martin from You Matter will also be present throughout the day, and the wonderful Bella’s Cafe will be providing copious cakes!