Liberation International Music Festival 2010
7th-9th May 2010
Jersey hosted a wide range of star studded concerts from 7th – 9th May to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the Liberation of the Channel Islands after occupation during the Second World War. Music In Action’s second Liberation International Music Festival received support from the Jersey Arts Trust, UBS Wealth Management, Tourism Development Fund, Carey Olsen, Airtel-Vodafone and Jersey Harbours.
The festival featured some of the most exciting rising stars from Europe to the Far East playing beautiful and atmospheric music in some of island’s most iconic locations.
Performers included Elizabeth Watts (recently acclaimed for her performances at the Royal Opera House), to the multiple award winning Nicola Benedetti, and the composer and former member of Deep Purple Jon Lord. In total there are over 300 artists performing and working together from countries as diverse as Germany to China.
The Jersey International Music Festival is an important part of the cultural calendar of the British Isles featuring music in exciting and extraordinary locations.
· Violinist Nicola Benedetti the 2008 Classic FM artist of the year and 2009 Classical Brit award winner
· Elizabeth Watts – Soprano winner of the Lieder prize at the BBC Cardiff Singer of the World
· German award winning cellist Leonard Elschenbroich
· Chinese pianist Wu Qian who since the age of fifteen has performed in many of the world’s greatest venues
· Jon Lord who has sold over 150 million albums as a rockstar and is Jersey’s composer in residence
· Israeli protégé of the great Daniel Barenboim, Daniel Cohen
Visit www.liberationjersey.com for a breakdown of each of the events which took place.